The summit will take place on 9.3.20 in Palermo 'Blockchain: everything you need to know', organized by Legacoop Sicilia in collaboration with the Palermo Enna Chamber of Commerce, STAL Food Science and Technology and Wiise Chain.
'Blockchain, everything you need to know'
Target of the event is to clarify the authentic meaning of a system of blockchain public and to analyze its application opportunities in a strategy to enhance the agri-food supply chains rooted in the territories. Also in the perspective of internationalization of quality productions, online and e offline.
La blockchain public - beyond the clamor imposed by the marketing of large consulting firms - is a digital notarization tool for material flows and the various phases of the supply chain. Once its technical meaning has been clarified, it is essential to focus on the processes, values and objectives of the operators and supply chains that intend to consider its application.
An efficient and ethical supply chain can take advantage of this technology, provided you organize partnership effective across the agricultural, processing and distribution sectors, e share its values'from farm to fork'. In a path that must information, to involve and benefit the consumers themselves.
Traceability, value chain, sustainable development
Technology di blockchain public can first of all strengthen the traceability systems already adopted by food chain operators to comply with legal requirements. All the more so since the system is based on global standards (GS1) and accessible in real time to the social partners concerned. (1) The effectiveness of the system therefore depends on its'democratization', linked to the accessibility of costs and ease of use (interoperability with systems already in use).
Architecture of the system can be modulated, in relation to the objectives of operators and supply chains, by recording several categories of data. From country notebooks and analyzes (e.g. soils, water, seed genetics, input, agricultural and processed products), veterinary records and other relevant news on feed e important treatments for animal welfare. Ingredients and additives, food adjuvants and consumables, i MOCA, processing and transformation processes, distribution and management of returns.
La value chain it can be brought out, for the dual purpose of identifying areas for improvement and opportunities for rebalancing, and to show the significance of the prices of commodities that express a 'system' quality. Having regard to the various elements that characterize and guarantee the quality of agricultural raw materials, processes and products. But also to the commitment of each operator on the various fronts of sustainable and participatory development. That is to say towards ecosystems, workers and communities, consumers. (2) Without neglecting i advantages of the short supply chain.
Palermo, 9.3.20. The program
The event is introduced by Filippo Parrino, President of Legacoop Sicilia, who presents the 'Rete Pico, Legacoop digital innovation hub'. (3) Following, the interventions of:
• Giusi Messina, Digital Promoter Punto Impresa Digitale CCIAA Palermo Enna. 'Digital Enterprise Point Palermo Enna 2020’,
• Gian Luca Comandini, member of the task force Blockchain at MiSE, Forbes 30 for 30 'How, when, why Blockchain is changing the world',
• Enrico Iaria, Innovation Management Specialist, lecturer at New York University, entrepreneur, Forbes 30 for 30 'The future of cryptocurrencies',
• Gian Luca Mascellino - CEO e partner di Wiise Chain Srl Benefit company as well as a partner of ChainForFood Srl 'Bitcoin, the blockchain for production chains. Focus on agri-food chains'. (4)
The meeting - at the Chamber of Commerce, Sala Terrasi, in Via E. Amari 11 in Palermo, from 9:30 to 13 - will be concluded by Nicola Francesco, Professor of Food Science and Technology of the University of the capital.
Dario Dongo and Camilla Fincardi
(1) The accessibility levels can also be programmed, even in a system of blockchain public. So that each category of users (e.g. members of the organization, supply chain partners, commercial users and consumers, supervisory authorities) can access information of relative interest, through interfaces user friendly
(2) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the UN Agenda 2030. # SDG12, Sustainable Production and Consumption. In this regard, see the previous articles on:
- SDGs, the role of the agri-food chain in contributing to sustainable development, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/progresso/sdgs-le-trasformazioni-doverose-per-la-filiera-alimentare, https://www.egalite.org/sdgs-le-6-rivoluzioni-necessarie-studio-e-commenti/
- sustainable development and market trends in Italy, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/mercati/cibo-veloce-proteico-e-sostenibile-i-trend-di-consumo-secondo-il-rapporto-coop, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/mercati/2020-le-aspettative-dei-consumatori-italiani-i-dati-coop-nomisma, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/mercati/sostenibilità-e-made-in-italy-osservatorio-immagino-sui-consumi, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/mercati/stili-alimentari-e-di-vita-gli-italiani-veg-senza-e-piatti-pronti-rapporto-eurispes
- sustainable spending, the value of awareness, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/consum-attori/voto-col-portafoglio-informare-aiuta-il-caso-del-cash-mob-di-coop, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/consum-attori/il-carrello-della-spesa-sostenibile-l-abc
(3) The commitment of the cooperative system for the enhancement of the Italian agro-industrial system in the name of sustainable development is briefly mentioned in some of the following articles:
- social sustainability and workers' rights https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/progresso/coop-italia-campione-di-sostenibilità-sociale_1, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/idee/coop-presenta-buoni-giusti-l-ortofrutta-non-è-mai-stata-così-pulita,
- animal welfare and animal husbandry without antibiotics: https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/progresso/alleviamo-la-salute-coop-italia-elimina-gli-antibiotici-dai-prodotti-d-origine-animale, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/progresso/uova-senza-antibiotici-nuovo-traguardo-coop-italia-per-alleviamo-la-salute, https://www.greatitalianfoodtrade.it/progresso/pollame-e-uova-domanda-globale-in-crescita-la-sfida-della-sostenibilità,
(4) Wiise Chain Srl benefit company is the innovative startup established within the ecosystem in which they participate Wiise Srl benefit company (with its divisions Food and Agriculture Requirements, DO, and Great Italian Food Trade, GIFT), the non-profit organization Égalité, e Chain for Food